Women In Philanthropy harnesses the passion and commitment of women to invest in helping local youth succeed in school and in life. When you join Women In Philanthropy, you not only have the opportunity to collarborate with other local women leaders to address issues of mutual concern, but you also become a member of an influential national network of nearly 520,000 Women In Philanthropy members in 130 communities throughout the United States.
When Women Come Together, Young Lives Are Changed
Women In Philanthropy members want to make a real and lasting difference for youth in Santa Cruz County and we do this by funding school-based initiatives to help youth succeed in school and in life. Last year's contributions connected over 550 K-8th grade students with opportunities in the arts, literacy, reading comprehension, math and science. From developing their reading skills through one-on-one mentoring sessions to competing in regional math and science competitions, Women In Philanthropy invests in innovative approaches to learning, putting youth on the right path to be successful in life.
An annual contribution of $1,000 or more to United Way of Santa Cruz County's Women In Philanthropy includes:
- Participate in important funding decisions for programs that impact success for local youth
- Investigate and invest in innovative solutions to influence local educational programs
- Participate in leadership events throughout Santa Cruz County hosted by United Way
- 100% of your investment funds programs generating school and life success for our youth
- Wine, Women, & Worth - November 5, 2015
- Uniting Women With A Heart For Santa Cruz County - February 2016