Mission: To improve opportunities for children, youth, and families in Santa Cruz County.
The Children's Network brings together leaders in public education, government, and nonprofit organizations to tackle youth well-being challenges, such as improving school attendance and enhancing family connection to resources to support children and youth. This effort is supported by United Way of Santa Cruz County.
Children's Network Executive Committee
- Stephanie Barron Lu, Co-Chair
- Yvette Brooks, Co-Chair
- Gloria Carroll, Member-At-Large
Children's Network Cabinet Members
- Allan Timms, City of Scotts Valley Councilmember
- David Brody, First 5 of Santa Cruz County
- Diane Munoz, Child Care Planning Council
- Dr. Faris Sabbah, County Office of Education
- Gloria Carroll, County of Santa Cruz Family & Children Services
- Honorable Tim Schmal, Superior Court Judge
- Jose Flores, County Probation
- Julie Macecevic, Walnut Avenue Family & Women's Center
- Justin Cummings, County of Santa Cruz Board of Supervisors
- Keisha Browder, United Way of Santa Cruz County
- Lisa Gutierrez-Wang, County of Santa Cruz Human Services Agency
- Lynne Petrovic, CASA of Santa Cruz County
- MariaElena de la Garza, Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County
- Nick Calubaquib, City of Watsonville Parks & Recreation
- Robert Acosta, City of Santa Cruz Parks & Recreation
- Senator John Laird, State of California
- Shebrah Kalantari Johnson, City of Santa Cruz Councilmember
- Stephanie Barron Lu, Positive Discipline Community Resources
- Yvette Brooks, City of Capitola Councilmember
County of Santa Cruz Children & Youth Bill of Rights
The Children’s Network is working diligently to raise awareness about the Children and Youth Bill of Rights that have been adopted by the City of Santa Cruz and the County Board of Supervisors. The Children’s Network identified a select number of the 10 “rights” in an effort to share, educate and explore how we are working to support children and youth in our community.
2023 - 2024 Children's Network Meeting Schedule
All members of the public are welcome to join the meeting in-person or virtually. Click on the Agenda button to the meetings below to access the virtual link.
November 2, 2023
February 1, 2024
May 2, 2024